As you may already know, one of my hobbies is baking. I made some chocolate covered flapjacks recently and they were absolutely delicious so I’m going to share this really simple recipe with you all today. I found the following recipe on the BBC Good Food website.
You will need:
– 170g (roughly 6 oz) of margarine
– 170g (roughly 6 oz) of golden syrup
– 170g (roughly 6 oz) of light brown sugar
– 350g (roughly 12 oz) of porridge oats
– 150g (roughly 5 oz) of chocolate
1. First of all, you will need to preheat the oven to Gas 3 (160°C) and then grease and line the tin you will be using.
2. On a low heat, melt the butter in a pan and once melted, add the golden syrup and sugar together.
3. After everything has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and slowly stir in the porridge oats a little bit at a time.
4. You can then put the mixture into your tin, push it down slightly and bake for 30 minutes.
5. When you take your tin out of the oven, you will need to let the flapjack completely cool before covering it in chocolate.
6. Once it has cooled, you can melt the chocolate on a low heat and spread it onto the flapjack. Leave it to solidify, I recommend putting the tin in the fridge for about an hour.
7. You can then cut the flapjack into pieces and enjoy!
If you decide to make these flapjacks, let me know how you get on in the comments.