This is the first year I have watched The Great British Bake Off and I’ve really been enjoying it! My favourite contestant is Candice and I also really like Val. Who do you guys want to win? Baking is one of my favourite things to do, I particularly enjoy making chocolate chip cookies. They always go down a treat with my family, especially my dad! I wanted to share a really simple recipe that I have used for the past few years so you can make these delicious cookies too.
3 oz margarine
3 oz brown sugar
6 oz self raising flour
100 g chocolate chips
Makes 18 (roughly)
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 3/4, 180°C (gas), 170°C (fan).
2. Grease baking tray.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and slowly mix in the flour.
5. Pour the chocolate chips into the mixture and stir.
6. Spoon mixture onto the baking tray in small quantities as they do expand.
7. Put the tray on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes (or until they are golden brown and slightly soft to the touch).
8. Once they are cooked, take them out of the oven and wait until they are completely cooled before moving them.
9. Lastly… ENJOY!